Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Psy/Changeling, Audio, & Declaration of Courtship

I'm currently trying to clear my emails - huge apologies if you've emailed me and had to wait ages for a reply. I promise you I was spending the time well, writing!

While going through them, I've been surprised at the number of people who are worried Psy/Changeling #12 (June 2013) will be the last book in the series. I was also asked the same question on Twitter yesterday, so I thought I'd better clear things up.

The Psy/Changeling series is not coming to a close. I have, in fact, been heard to say that I'll be writing it until I'm ninety-five. That might be *cough* a slight exaggeration, but I have lots of plans for this series.

There is a major overarching plotline as you all know, and that will come to an end, as giving readers a satisfying conclusion is very important to me. However, after we reach that point, I have lots of ideas to explore other parts of the world, as well as characters we haven't seen as much in the main storyline. For example, we might explore the falcons, or perhaps the water changelings. There are tons of possibilities!

~~~

For audiobook lovers: My North American audio publisher, Tantor, is currently having a 50% off sale on all formats, with free shipping on orders over $25. And on Friday, I've been told Tantor Downloads will be $4.99.

Here is the link to their website.

~~~

I posted this snippet from Declaration of Courtship (part of WILD INVITATION) on Facebook, and thought thought blog readers might enjoy it, too. (And yes, if you already have the other stories in Wild Invitation and just want the two new novellas, they will be available in electronic format a little while after the paperback release).

Don't run from me, sweetheart, he thought as he took the final steps to her, I only bite a little. Not quite true, but he was planning to be on his best behavior until she trusted him enough to handle the aggressive sensuality that was an integral aspect of his nature. "Grace."

- from DECLARATION OF COURTSHIP (in Wild Invitation - out March)

~~~

Last but not least, I'm doing a final edit of "Christmas in the Kitchen", the short story that'll be going out in the newsletter on Friday (U.S. time). If you haven't joined up, the signup form is on the sidebar of the blog, and on the front page of my website.  
~~~

Phew, that was a long post! I hope you're all well. What are you up to as 2012 draws to a close?

7 comments :

Rosa2012 said...

Gracias por la actualizacion, es excelente saber que no se acabaran los libros de Psy-cambiantes, espero que cuando tenga 40 pueda leer los libros de Roman ( en este momento tengo 25)

Sobre el año nuevo seguire pidiendo que las editoriales se animen a la publicacion en español de los libros restantes por el momento esta traducido hasta el libro de Tally, y es tan dificil conseguirlos en Honduras :(

KT Grant said...

I'll keep reading your books even if you write them until you're 95. :)

As for Kaleb, my man in black, please don't wait until you're 95 to write his book. I don't think I can wait that long.

Anonymous said...

Eagerly waiting for the Psy-Changeling books as well as Raphael and Elena's book ! :) We don't even know who are you going to feature in the next big Psy-Changeling book ? Hmm or have I missed some update ?

As an aside - you should check out "Top 10 heroes" in the amazon romance forum. Raphael and Lucas Hunter pop up regularly! :) I like them both - and I also like Riley, Drew and Judd Lauren.

Wonderful heroes. Keep them coming !

Anonymous said...

"I have, in fact, been heard to say that I'll be writing it until I'm ninety-five." - That´s good to know Nalini:-)!

Honestly, I wouldn`t mind to read a Psy-/Changeling book without a new couple. Their world alone is worth to explore more.


Diane said...

I have all your books and on audio too except for Angels Flight, I may just check Tantor, I don't know if they ship to Canada for free!

Unknown said...

I subscribed to your e-mail. But I didn't realise I had to confirm, and I haven't been on the internet since so I missed your "Christmas in the Kitchen" short story. Is there anyway you could re-send it to me?

Nalini Singh said...

@Frances - just email my assistant, Ashwini so she knows which email address to forward the newsletter to :)