Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Good News & Friends Releases

Two pieces of awesome news:

Kiss of Snow has been listed as one of the Top 10 Spring Romances by Publishers Weekly!! (I was trying to wait to post this news closer to the release date, but I had to share.)

And Bonds of Justice has been listed as one of the Thirteen Best Romances of 2010 by The Kansas City Public Library!

Woohoo!!
_______________

A couple of my writing buds have books out this week that I wanted to tell you about.

Olivia Gates is a lovely author who I did some crazy dancing with last RWA. ;-) She's based in Egypt and given the current turmoil, unable to get the word out about her new release, so her friends are
helping to spread the word.
To Tempt a Sheikh by Olivia Gates

He rescued hostage Talia Burke from his royal family's rival tribe and swept her into his strong embrace. But Prince Harres Aal Shalaan soon discovered there was more to the brave beauty than he knew. Talia held information vital to protecting his beloved kingdom…and she had every reason not to trust him.

Marooned together at a desert oasis, Talia couldn't resist Harres. Yet even as his sizzling seduction entranced her, his loyalty to his family and country would always make them enemies. Falling for the sheikh would be her heart's greatest mistake…but she feared it was already too late….


Link to Olivia's Website

The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton (a.k.a. the book with the lickalicious cover)

Jaci writes wonderful sexy contemporary romances and this one's no exception. Check out the blurb below and follow the link to Jaci's site to read an excerpt!

Football pro Mick Riley is an all-star, both on the field and in the bedroom. But a sexy, determinedly single mom just might be the one to throw him off his game…
For years Mick has been taking full advantage of the life available to a pro athlete: fame, fortune, and a different girl in every city. But when he meets and beds confident, beautiful event planner Tara Lincoln, he wants much more than the typical one-night stand. Too bad Tara’s not interested in getting to know football’s most notorious playboy any better.

As the single mother of a teenage son, the last thing Tara needs is the jet-set lifestyle of Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand was unforgettable. Tara’s life is complicated enough without being thrust into the spotlight as Mick’s latest girl du jour. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn’t intend to put herself out there again, especially with a heartbreaker like Mick.


But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind.


Link to Jaci's Website
Are you excited about any of the new releases this week, or have some good news? Share!

13 comments :

Madhura said...

First of all, I just finished Archangel's Consort and was blown away by the depth and complexity of the story. It was a great addition to a brilliant series and I can't wait to read more in that world. Great work, Nalini!

As for as new releases, this is not really new but I only recently started Karen Marie Moning's Fever series and am now excited that the 4th book is waiting for me at home. It is a great action-packed series that keeps me guessing.

I am so excited that Kiss of Snow is getting so much notice. Not that its surprising but I love it when my favorite authors/series do well. :D

By the way, the Nookbook version of Kiss of Snow is still not available for pre-order. Any chance you know when it will be available?

Trac said...

Congrats Nalini! I had the opportunity to reread Archangel's Consort today; it was as stunning as the first time I read it. I love the imagery.

And Kiss of Snow is my most anticipated read of the year. =) I think I might even love Hawke more than Raphael, but Raphael's still my number 1 "fictional lover" for the time being, lol. ;-)

Anyway, I was wondering about the Nook/Kindle version of Kiss of Snow too. I keep checking the sites repeatedly to see if it's there yet.

Helen Lowe said...

Congratulations on those tremendous "listings", Nalini--an awesome achievement and so well deserved!

My friend Beth Anne Miller is launching her debut romance novel this week, "Into the Scottish Mist", and I have an online interview with her up right now on the Supernatural Underground (http://www.supernaturalunderground.blogspot.com/), plus, plus, plus the giveaway that includes your donation of "Play of Passion"--thank you again for your very generous support, Nalini, for my first online interview on the Supernatural Underground! :)

Christina said...

Just snowed in, that's all the news I have. So I will be spending tomorrow reading Archangel's consort :)

I am intriqued by Jaci's story. I don't normally read contemporary, but the cover is definitely a new favorite, and the blurb sounds great!

Catherine said...

Waiting on KOS of course.
Emily March, aka Geralyn Dawson, has a new series. We finally get the story of John Callahan. About 2.5 yrs in the waiting!!!

The Queen B said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!
I'm sorry your friend is being adversely affected by the turmoil in Egypt. I hope and pray things work out soon for her and everyone involved.
These new releases look wonderful! And that cover is very lickable ;)

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Congrats on the listings - woohoo!!

Nothing new this week (but re-reading Archangel's Consort for the 3rd time) and waiting impatiently for both the new Patricia Briggs in March and Kiss of Snow in May.

Danie said...

Congrats, Nalini!
Absolutely CAN NOT wait for Kiss of Snow, it's practically the last thing I think about at night and the first thing in the morning - sad, I know, but my mind keeps racing with posibilites. :P I have to keep telling myself, that a few months isn't really THAT long... I'll just re-read the others books - for the hundredth time!

Again, congratulations, you whole-heartedly deserving.

orannia said...

Congrats Nalini!

palestblue said...

Awesome, awesome news! But not unexpected, as you are one of the most awesome romance writers there are :)

Oh, now the waiting for Kiss of Snow is gonna be even harder!

Sinai said...

Congrats!
The book I am looking forward to with GREAT anticipation is Dream of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole. Thank the Book Gods that I also have Kiss of Snow to look forward to in between IAD. And of course Dmitri! Hawk and Dmitri are definitely two of the characters I anticipated the most. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Courtney said...

We all got cover flats of The Perfect Play at RAW 2010 and we all collectively drooled on them the whole weekend and got to tell Jaci how she was obviously well-loved by the cover gods. Dayum, that is one aweosme cover!

Crystal Posey said...

That IS awesome news! I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a release. I mean, I always am, but KISS OF SNOW...

Imma be sitting on the book store's steps!