Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sweet Surrender - Maya Banks

The one good thing about spending so many hours in transit is that I had a lot of time read, and I read some great stuff, so look out for a few book posts in the coming weeks.

However, Sweet Surrender was a book I read right before my trip. And I have one word for it - HOT! Seriously, it might be a good idea to invest in some gloves when handling this one.

Here's the backcover blurb:

Sometimes the first step in taking control is surrendering.

Under Faith Malone’s deceptively soft exterior lies a woman who knows exactly what she wants. A strong man who’ll take without asking—because she’s willing to give him everything…

Dallas cop Gray Montgomery is on a mission: find the guy who killed his partner—and bring him to justice. So far, he’s found a link between the killer and Faith—and if Gray has to get close to her to catch the killer, so be it.

Faith is sweet and feminine, everything Gray wants and desires in a woman, but he suspects she’s playing games. No way she would allow a man to call the shots in their relationship. Or would she?

Faith sees in Gray the strong, dominant man she needs, but he seems determined to keep her at a distance. So she takes matters into her own hands to prove to him it’s no game she’s playing. She’s willing to surrender to the right man. Gray would like to be that man. But catching his partner’s killer has to be his first priority. Until Faith is threatened and Gray realizes he will do anything to protect her.
What I liked best about this book is that Faith knows what she wants and she goes after it. Maybe she makes some mistakes in how she goes about trying to achieve her goals, but the important thing is that she doesn't sit at home and wait - she takes active steps to fulfill her needs. So even though this book is about a woman who craves submission, Faith is actually a very strong character. Gray is her perfect foil - he's just as strong, and he, too, knows exactly what he wants.

Overall - if you're looking for an erotic romance that might just singe your fingertips off, Sweet Surrender fits the bill! You can check out an excerpt on Maya's website.

What've you guys been reading? Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Nalini! I can not wait to get Branded by Fire now! (And to get back into the wolf den, hopefully!)

Today I have actually been rereading CBI and MTP, and I am about to start on HTP ^_^ I love MTP more and more each time I read it!

Christina Dodd is also in my TBR pile with Scent of Darkness, and Julie Garwood's The Secret (an oldie but goodie)

Sweet said...

Ohhhh I LOVED Sweet Surrender. It was a very refreshing surprise. It was sooo good it made me check out Bank's back list. She's got another book coming out in Nov called Be with Me and I want it NOW !!!

Right now I'm reading Broken by Megan Hart and it has me sobbing. Its sooo much more than just plain erotica. This woman knows how to write.

I also recently started reading the Lords of the Underworld books by Gena Showalter. I'm really liking them and need to get my hands on the 3rd book.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, another Maya Banks book :) I've read a couple to date and really enjoyed them.

The weekend was...manic, but I did manage to get some gardening done. I hope everyone else has had a good weekend?

orannia

Helen said...

I read Hostage To Pleasure this weekend loved it another fantastic story Nalini thank you

Have Fun
Helen

Nalini Singh said...

Christina - aren't rereads fun? I go through periods where I just reread!

Sweet - thanks for the heads-up! I think I'll be tracking down Maya's other books.

Orannia - mine was lovely - a little manic too :)

Thanks, Helen!!

Kris said...

I loved Sweet Surrender, awesome book. I have heard wonderful things about her upcoming one, Be With Me.