Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Reader Interview: Shannon

Tuesday is reader interview day. If you'd like to participate (you know you want to), the details are here. Today's interviewee is Shannon, traveler extraordinaire! So Shannon, tell us the places you've been, the things you've
done. :)

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

I'm another one of your readers in danger of being "that crazy cat lady" - but I've managed to stay with just 2 cats so far. I'm single, in my mid-30s and live in North Carolina. I'm a doctor - I specialize in diabetes and hormones (like thyroid) and it's exactly what I should be doing. Even when my patients are driving me crazy I'm still having fun. I like to travel - I have 3 trips out of the country planned in the next 7 months (there are some advantages to being single!) and I love to read.

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

I'm a hoarder. I have stacks everywhere. I give books away if I hate them, but otherwise I keep every one.

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

Nalini (there's got to be a way to convince you to tell me what's going to happen next in your Psy series!), Nora Roberts, Judith McNaught and Marjorie M. Lui are the first names that pop into my head.

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

Very. That's why I exercise 6 days a week! I'm not sure I've ever met a piece of dark chocolate I didn't like.

5. Favorite book? Why?

"The Blue Sword" by Robin McKinley. I read it over and over again in high school and I still re-read it at least once a year. The story is wonderful and the characters unforgettable - this was the book that introduced me to fantasy *and* romance.

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?

Diet Coke.
Chocolate.
George Clooney.

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

An All-Bran cereal bar. Yum!

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

I have no idea. Over a hundred I'm sure. I keep on buying, and then I forget which ones I've read and which ones I haven't, so I go out and buy more.

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

Confident, aggressive and successful without being too cocky. Funny, caring, intelligent, absolutely devoted to me, athletic and good in bed.

Hmmm....looking at that list I suddenly have a pretty good idea why I'm still single. LOL

4 comments :

LesleyW said...

Good answer on the desert island question. :)

Shannon said...

Thanks, Lesley! A girl can dream, right? :)

Kati said...

Shannon - I own but haven't read Sunshine by Robin McKinley. Is that a good first book to start with by her? Or should I go with a different one first?

Shannon said...

Hi MaryKate! I liked Sunshine, but I loved the Blue Sword. So I'd recommend starting with SS, and if you even remotely like it, then read The Blue Sword next. I hope you enjoy them!