Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Reader Interview: Jennifer K

Tuesday is reader interview day. If you'd like to participate (you know you want to), the details are here. Without further ado, today's reader interviewee is the hysterically funny Jennifer K!

1. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Well, I’m a never-been-married spinster in her mid-30s who’s becoming one of those cat ladies you see getting busted on Animal Planet because they have, like, 300 cats. At least, that seems to be what some people in my family seem to think. *rolls eyes* I have 3 cats … THREE. That is such a far cry from 300 that it’s ridiculous.

I love books and reading and my idea of a great vacation would be to stay in a haunted castle in Scotland or to take part in one of those mystery tours. You know, the kind where you’re on a train or something and somebody gets killed. Then it’s up to you, an intrepid private investigator or reporter to interpret the clues and solve the crime. Who done it?

Oh, and on the more realistic front, I work as a copy editor/layout person at a newspaper in this area. We’ve got a circulation of about 23,000 to 24,000. I’m in the foothills of North Carolina, USA, by the way.

2. Are you a hoarder or do you give your books away?

I mostly hoard. But, really, I’m not one of those crazy cat ladies. I hoard books. I COLLECT cats. Um, I mean, I rescue the occasional cat. And actually, my having three cats? Very weird because I’m so a DOG person. How did I end up with 3 cats and no dog? I better put my brillant observational, analytical skills to the test to figure that one out.

3. What author might tempt you into turning stalker?

Oh, I could be a stalker chick for LOTS of authors. Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, You, Nalini, Jayne Ann Krentz, Lora Leigh, Nora Roberts, Jory Strong, Linda Howard … those are just off the top of my head.

4. How susceptible are you to chocolate?

It depends. Are you offering some to avoid the stalking thing? Actually, I don’t like pure chocolate, but I’ll eat it happily if it has stuff in it. For instance, chocolate with caramel in it? Delicious. Chocolate with rice krispy stuff in it or nuts or cream cheese? Good lord, I’m drooling just thinking about it.

5. Favorite book? Why?

Hmm, that’s a hard one. I’ve read so many over the years, that I’d have to really sit down and think about it. I can say that one of my favorite series of all times is Linda Howard’s Mackenzie family stories. I loved Wolf and Joe’s story was even better. They are all great and I’ve read them multiple times. Alpha heroes, feisty heroines …

6. If you knew you were going to be stuck on a desert island, what three things would you take with you?

Lots of bottled water … unless this island just happens to have a pure water source that can be used; lots of sunscreen; and my books -- at least one of which is the “Making It Out Alive When You’re Stuck on an Island for Dummies” book.

7. What did you eat for breakfast?

Two small boxes of raisins. I’m kind of on a diet, which I totally blew out of the water earlier by eating a Milky Way bar … hey it’s got caramel in it … yum!

8. How many books in your current to-be-read pile?

Only a few. Maybe three or four. I go through books pretty fast, so they don’t stay in a TBR pile for long.

9. Describe your idea of a perfect hero.

Smart, caring, funny, compassionate and willing to see things through to the end.

5 comments :

Shannon said...

Hey Jennifer! I'm a mid-30s spinster with 2 (not three - yet) cats in North Carolina, too! I thought I was the only one! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! We could form a club: Spinsters 'R' Us or the 'Yes I'm still single, and no, I don't feel a burning urge to get married or pop out a couple kids, OK?' club.
That one's kind of long, though.

We could have a secret handshake and everything. ;)

LesleyW said...

LOL - I'll join too. I only have the one cat though.

And I didn't think of water for my island. I think I kind of planned on being rescued. :)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer you always manage to make me laugh. Thanks for sharing.

Personally the one cat is more than enough, maybe it's the cat he's very bossy.

Nalini Singh said...

You know, housecats have a great life. Get fed, get stroked, do whatever they want...