Wednesday, October 04, 2006

DIK, Website & Centaurs

Lots of news today.

First - StS just received a Desert Isle Keeper review from AAR!!!! Woohoo! These reviewers are tough so that was a verrry nice surprise.

Second - The website updates for Oct have been done. I not sure if the stars are active yet but for those of you who like hunting them, there are meant to be four new ones.

Also, I've added a page dedicated to FAQ etc about the Psy-Changeling series. It's relatively
spoiler free right now but that will likely change as time goes by.

Third - the book drought is over! I just read Divine By Mistake by P.C. Cast and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fabulous book. She's a new-to-me author but not for long! This is a Luna book so heavy on the fantasy but I found the romance very compelling - I don't think romance fans would be disappointed. As an aside - what a lovely cover.

Short Synopsis: Shannon Parker is an English teacher who gets sucked into another world
where she's treated as a Goddess Incarnate (the real GI has swapped places with her). Oh and she's betrothed to a centaur.

This is officially the first book I've ever read with a (sexy) centaur hero! Plus Shannon is a funny, smart and slightly offbeat heroine whom I liked immediately. Overall - highly
recommended if you like your romance with lots of fantasy (and centaurs).

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Nalini!
I realy like the website updates specially the Psy-Changeling series part. I thought that was pretty cool.

Gina Black said...

Nalini!! That's fabulous news about the DIK!! Congratulations!

Nalini Singh said...

Barbara - I'm so glad! It's a bit bare at the moment but I'm hoping to add more to it.

Thanks, Gina!

Anonymous said...

KEWL!!!!!!! Go Nalini!jk

Anonymous said...

Congratz on the review at AAR! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed Divine By Mistake! I've got the original version, titled Goddess by Mistake (HAWK Publishing). I loved it! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rewrite differs. Plus, my copy is getting a little ragged, so it's the perfect excuse to buy another one. Heh! :P And I can't wait to read the sequel! :)

All of P.C. Cast's books are very good, but Goddess by Mistake (aka Divine By Mistake) is by far my fave. :)

Now, I'm off to check out the FAQ's and hunt for those stars! :)

Cheers,
Ney

Nalini Singh said...

Thanks, Kendra and Ney!

Ney - yes, it was a great book. I'll definitely be picking up more by her. Btw - I think the stars are malfunctioning. Grrr