Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Interview With Kendra Clark

Today's interview victi-I mean, subject, is the lovely Kendra Clark, whose first book comes out next year. Let's see what she revealed under my exacting interview technique.

Congrats on your debut book coming out. What's the title?

Thanks, Nalini. I'm so excited about Spirit Warrior. It's a unique story concept I hope will intrigue the reader. It will be available from Triskelion Publishing in January. I also have an anthology, Winter Wishes that will be available at WCP Torrid the same month! So I have 2 releases next month! To day I'm excited, sick, nervous, and happy all at once is an understatement.

I hear your hero's, like, in hell. Does that mean he's dead? How does that work?

You're right on both accounts. You should see the look on people's faces when I tell them that. Spirit Warrior is a paranormal and yes, Cenya is dead and he's been in hell. But it's not your common variety hell *snort* it's Mictlan, which is the Aztec Underworld. I don't want to give too much away but let's just say I've created a new breed of hero. You can check out the "beginnings" of the Spirit Warrior webpage for more info.

"Cenyaolt", okay, gotta say I don't hear that everday. Where did you come up with the name?

I did a TON of research into the Aztec civilization when I was plotting Spirit Warrior and Cenyaolt "Cenya" is an actual Aztec name (one of the few I can pronounce, heh). I wanted to have this character have a unique, strong name and one authentic to the culture. He is Aztec royalty after all and an ancient warrior. ;)

Any chance he's single at the end of the book? I'm asking for a 'friend'. *g*

Hee hee. Well, you could fight Gabriella for him, but she's a pretty tough gal and has some special powers herself.


Break for random question: Spike or Angel?


You speak my kind of language! SPIKE!!!! I love the quirkiness of his character and how he feels so deeply. Spike knows the true meaning of tortured hero. Everyone in the show has tortured the poor bloke. And really, those dimples and cheekbones are to die for! He's the ultimate bad boy and truthfully, I could sop him up with a biscuit (sorry, it's the Tennessee coming out in me).


So you're a Southern gal. Do you have mint juleps on the verandah every day? And what exactly are mint juleps? Are they like mint-flavored jelly babies?


Although I'd love to claim I'm like Scarlett O'Hara, alas, I am not. I do rock on the front porch of my house from time to time.


Mint Julep - a glass filled with ice, with sugar at the bottom (several spoonfuls) with a crushed mint leaf dropped in and whiskey poured over it. I've never tasted one but they sound delicious.


Your book is an e-book. What does that mean?


It means you don't have to leave your house to get my book. It's available with the click of your mouse. If you can boot a computer, you can read an e-book. They're available in html formats, PDF, and Microsoft lit. Isn't that exciting?


Does PDF stand for "pretty da-yamn fine"? In that case, yeah I'm excited.


Of course it does!!!!

5 comments :

Jaynie said...

I hope you will all check out Kendra's book. It's wonderful.

her very unbiased editor *g*

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jaynie. : )

Nalini Singh said...

Thanks for dropping by Jaynie! (Btw, your little vampire pic is kinda scary...) ;)

Jaynie said...

Us editors have to have a scary pic Nalini. It's part of the job description *g*

I'll be sure to keep your blog on my blog check list lol. I'm a secret Desire reader.

Nalini Singh said...

Lol, Jaynie. Look foward to you dropping by (Desire readers, even secret ones, rock!).