Thursday, October 13, 2005

Procrastination

Today's entry comes courtesy of the word "Procrastination". For the past couple of weeks, I've been procrastinating over something non-writing related. Yesterday, I finally went ahead and got it done. And now I feel so free. So why was I procrastinating in the first place? It served no purpose but to be this annoying little buzzing insect in the back of my mind until I cleared the decks.

And yet I know I'll fall victim to it again, so why don't we all share procrastination tactics today? For my own part, I've been known to clean the apartment from top to bottom and then sideways, when I'm really wanting to put something off. Suddenly, the vacuum and duster become my best friends and that really is a sad, sad thing.

3 comments :

Nalini Singh said...

Hear you on the blog hopping. You could just keep going and going and going...

I use my writing to procrastinate about other stuff, too. But that's "good procrastination" right?

Dee Tenorio said...

LOL, I clean. But I also clean to stop the twitching, lol. Stress always makes me clean. Frustration, too. Oh, and writing blocks. Definitely those.

That's the nice thing about running the household, there's always something to get you away from what you should be doing. Viva la Comet! LOL!

Smooches,
Dee

Nalini Singh said...

Twitching? Dee, you crack me up. *G*